I’m comin’ out of my cage and I’ve been doing just fine
There’s something about this song (for me anyway) that whenever it’s played at a party or a gathering or even just on your own, there’s a really weird slightly reminiscent feeling and it just makes everyone want to scream the lyrics out loud no matter what, every time
Everyone come party with me at world bar tonight and drink tea pots and dance to indie jams. Okay cool.
I’ve reblogged this before but number 4 is extremely relevant or at least the first half(via iwishfortherain)
Dear Future Daughter:
1) When you’re at some party, chain smoking on the roof with some strange girl with blue hair and exorbitant large dark eyes, ask her about her day. I promise you, you won’t regret it. Often times you’ll find the strangest of people have the most captivating of stories to tell.
2) Please, never mistake desire for love. Love will engulf your soul, whilst desire will emerge as acid, slowly making it’s way through your veins, gradually burning you from the inside out.
3) No one is going to fucking save you, anything you’ve read or heard otherwise is bullshit.
4) One day a boy is going to come along who’s touch feels like fire and who’s words taste like vanilla, when he leaves you, you will want to die. If you know anything at all, know that it is only temporary.
5) Your mental health comes before school baby, always. If its midnight, and you have an exam the next day but your hands have been shaking for the past hour and a half and you’re not so sure you want to be alive anymore, pull out that carton of Ben and Jerry’s and afterwards, go the fuck to bed. So what if you get a 68% on the exam the next day? You took care of yourself and at the end of the day that will always come before a high test score. To hell with anyone who tells you differently.